- Facilities Division wins Sir Walter Raleigh Award for Community Appearance for the Polk Hall “Heat Ventilation” Garden
- Facilities Division wins APPA’s 2013 Effective & Innovative Practices Award for its Leadership 360 pilot with Organizational Training & Development, “Management Feedback and Coaching Initiative”
- Three from Finance & Business win NC State University Awards for Excellence: Lisa Johnson, Office of the University Architect; Anthony Sanders, University Bookstores; Eva Telles, Environmental Health and Public Safety
- National Association of Campus Card Users awards WolfPack One Card Best Website
- Lonnie Poole Golf Course receives Audubon International Signature Golf Sanctuary certification, is 1 of only 2 university-owned golf courses to earn the certification worldwide
- Rave! Catering wins Gold Award for Best Online Catering Menu by National Association of College & University Food Services
NC State University wins the following City of Raleigh Environmental Awards:
- Sullivan Shops III, the first NC State University project to obtain LEED Silver certification, wins the Natural Resource Conservation Award.
- NC State University Dining receives the Pioneering Efforts Award for the “My Roots are at NC State” campaign which has enabled University Dining to purchase 28% of food locally.
- The Raleigh Environmental Stewardship Award is presented to NC State University for its work to create a sustainable campus for students, faculty, staff, and the surrounding community. In the past decade, campus water use decreased 43 percent and energy use dropped 13 percent. Nearly half of campus waste is diverted from landfills and almost one-third of food in campus dining halls comes from local sources.
- University Dining wins Grand Goldie from Food Service Director Magazine for Dining Best Practices